Dental implants are small titanium posts that replace the root portion of a missing tooth. The implant bonds to the jaw bone and becomes the base for the replacement tooth. Implants can be used to replace from just one to several missing teeth. To find out if dental implants are the right option for you, make an appointment at Rosemarie Kirkland Dental in Mackay.
Benefits of Implants
- They can support a bridge and eliminate the need for a removable partial denture
- If you have a full denture, it can be retained by implants
- They can conserve your adjacent teeth, with no need to cut down your teeth on either side to do a fixed bridge when you can have an implant for a similar cost
- Implants fuse to your jaw bone and they provide stable support for artificial teeth
- Implants can last 10 years to a lifetime, providing your teeth and gums are maintained in a healthy state
- Implants impart the greatest degree of comfort and quality of life out of all the possible methods to replace lost teeth
- Dentures and bridges mounted to implants won’t slip or shift in your mouth, therefore your ability to eat and speak are not affected
Dental implants are so natural looking and feeling you may forget you ever lost a tooth.
If your dentures do not feel secure or you have difficulty chewing, dental implants could be the solution you have been looking for.
Talk to Dr Rosemarie Kirkland about the suitability of implants for you.